Monday, 18 August 2014

Brand Review: Seventeen


Seventeen is an area in makeup I've never really ventured too. Made by Boots in England I thought that this small cosmetics company may not be up to much to as much as other high street brands. Knowing that Boots are successful with their other cosmetics chain, No7, I thought I'd give their products a try.


Seventeen Eyes - Eyeshadows - £3.89 each

 Left to right:  Ivory coast -  Statuesque -  Mardi Gras

Firstly I picked up these single eyeshadows in three colours. The first is Ivory Coast, this is more of a transparent shimmer than an actual colour, as you can see from the picture it's not very pigmented. I find this can be good for a base or for in the tear duct.  Next is Statuesque which is a shimmery rose gold/bronze, I love this colour its my favourite out of the three. Finally, Mardi Gras is another metallic shade in a gold/brown. 

I must admit, I'm a new fan to eyeshadows and I still have to learn a lot. I used to just throw on some liquid eyeliner or something like the Maybelline Colour Tattoo cream eyeshadows, so I feel investing in some cheaper eyeshadows is a great idea before committing to a high end palette.
Overall, for the price of £3.89 each I feel these eyeshadows were a great purchase from the high street.

Seventeen - Faslifeye HD Mascara - £6.99
















As soon as I saw this packaging I thought this mascara could be a possible dupe for the Benefit They're Real, being my curious self I had to buy it. So I've been using this mascara all week and I have to say I have mixed views, don't get me wrong this product is great for maximising the size of your lashes. I'm unlucky to have small eye lashes myself so products like this are my essential must haves  because of this I have tried quite a few from the hight street and this one is bare average. Although this mascara does increase the size of lashes it definitely  does not lengthen and add volume to the degree that is shown on the picture, or at least for me it doesn't. If you're looking for something new to try at an average price I'd say this would be a great to look into if you're looking for a Benefit Dupe, this is not your product. 

Seventeen Skin Wow Highlighter - £5.99 Seventeen Stay Time Concealer - £4.49


Leaving the best till last, I'd like to introduce you to my new favourite liquid highlighter and concealer. I couldn't be more impressed with these two products especially at small prices like they are. 

Firstly starting with the concealer, my go to concealer in the past has been the Collection Lasting Perfection because I love the formula and how long it lasts. I feel this Seventeen concealer is almost identical to the collection one with the only difference, that it is not as thick but provides the same coverage. This product covers spots effortlessly and is great under the eyes. This concealer feels more expensive than it is and smells like a Mac product. 

Now, on to the Wow 3 way highlighter from Seventeen. I prefer liquid highlighters to powder ones because I have very dry skin, this means there is less chance of my skin becoming flakey. It's called the 3 way highlighter because it states you can use it in three ways. You could use it as a primer for a highlighted base, add it to a matt foundation to make it more dewy or highlight the cheek bones. In reality this is not a great primer but is amazing for lightening foundations and making them less matt, if you like that look or just fancy a change. By far the best way to use this is as a highlight for the cheek bones, with bronzer this makes my cheek bones look more defined and adds a healthy shine to the face that doesn't look greasy.

Overall, I'd recommend these two products to anybody looking on the high street for a liquid  highlighter or concealer. 


Have you ever used cosmetics from Seventeen? If so, did you like them?

HolleyMarie

22 comments:

  1. I've never actually tried Seventeen before, but I love the look of the eye shadows!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That have some nice colours if you like a shimmery eyeshadow

      Delete
  2. I used to love Seventeen growing up, and I think they've really upped their game over the last couple of years. Their phwooar paint is amazing!

    Tilly Enn // A Beauty and Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it but I probably will in the future!

      Delete
  3. Some of these products sound really interesting. I've never tried anything from Seventeen before - like you I've always sort of dismissed it - but I really like the look of those eyeshadows! Great review. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I used to dismiss them until recently too and thank you! x

      Delete
  4. I also have the highlighter, I think it's fab! It's one of the first highlighters I ever used a works really well! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN


    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a big 17 fan in the past, but I recently tried their full coverage stay time foundation and I LOVE it! I did a blog post featuring it a while ago and I think it's one of the best foundations I've ever tried. I keep meaning to try the matching concealer and powder and I've just added that highlighter to my list! :) x

    LongHairAndLashes.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that foundation out and your blog post! The concealer is great, I was going to buy a Mac concealer but I think I'll hold off for awhile now that I've found this one. Great, I hope you like it! x

      Delete
  6. Never tried anything from Seventeen, but those eye shadows look lovely!

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them, they are well worth the money! x

      Delete
  7. I really like the Seventeen Doll'd Up mascara and have re-purchased it so many times! I like the look of the highlighter so I'll have to try that next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mascara I reviewed in this blog is definitely growing on me, I think I just expected more at first. You should try the highlighter its brilliant! x

      Delete
  8. Hello Holley,

    I hope you are well. I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award, and nominated you as well. It would be a great way to get your viewers to know a little bit more about you.
    I have attached the Url of my Liebster award. I hope you have a fantastic day!

    http://captivatetheeyes.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/finally-completed-my-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I recently did this award but I'll link you and answer your questions! :) x

      Delete
  9. Seventeen have some really good products, and for the price they are you really can't go wrong! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true, I'm starting to become a fan! x

      Delete
  10. I was literally looking at some seventeen products on the boots website before reading this post and I was debating if I should get the highlighter or not- i think you may have convinced me!! X

    www.pollywallyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its brilliant, you can use it in many ways, its cheap and the tube is going to last you ages! If you get it tell me what you think :) x

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you think, leave me a message!