Its true, MAC has well and truly stolen my high end virginity. I used to believe that high end makeup was nothing but a name on a bottle that you paid triple the high street price for. But it turns out I couldn't have been more wrong.
After what feels like forever of trying to hunt down a foundation that suited my skin tone, didn't break me out or make my skin dry up a friend suggested that I tried MAC. Reluctant of wasting another £6-15 on foundation that would only be used once then sit in my bottom drawer, I took her advise and visited my local MAC counter.
I explained my skin type to the girl working there and she suggested I took a sample of the MAC studio fix fluid foundation in NW13 home with me before committing to the purchase, since I'd been having some problems in the past. I found this gesture very welcoming, I mean who doesn't like a tester or a freebie! Turns out this foundation formula and colour has been the best match I have found as of yet.
The oil free foundation has a natural matte finish with a medium yet buildable coverage. I found this absolutely perfect for my pale skin, this will be great for other redheads out there, as it blends with freckles rather than giving a 'caked' face appearance. Embrace your features, never hide them away! This foundation claims to last 8 hours and I think it would be completely true in the winter months, lets just say humidity can put a downer your flawless finish in the summer!
Since I intended to buy a MAC foundation there then I felt unsatisfied that I didn't have any goodies to take home with me, this left me starring at the lipstick section. You probably don't know this but I have a quite the lipstick obsession so finding out that MAC has one of the biggest lipstick collections I have ever seen was pretty dreamy. I bought both Viva Glam I and Spirit.
Viva Glam I is an absolute cult classic and a beautiful shade of red. Its matt finish makes it long lasting, around 4-6 hours, my new favourite go to 'night out' lipstick. One downside is that because of the matt finish this lipstick can be drying on the lips, not to worry this can be quickly sorted by applying a lip balm before the lipstick.
Spirit is not a shade I would usually go for but recently I've been craving new colours, I'm so happy I decided to buy it as it goes with my skin tone very well. I enjoy a darker lip that I can pull of in an everyday look. The satin finish is a lot like the matt but with an added small amount of sheen, it is less drying however does not last as long (around 5 hours).
So whats next? I want to build my MAC lipstick collection, I'd love to buy Plumful, Kinda Sexy and Russian Red. If you guys have any suggestions I'd love to hear!
HolleyMarie



A great post! I adore Mac lipsticks, I would 100% recommend Russian Red, Ruby Woo and Girl About Town :)
ReplyDeleteSian | Siân Marie Beauty
xo
Yeah Russian Red, Ruby Woo are must haves but I doubt I'd pull off a bright pink lip with Girl About Town. I just don't think I'm a bright pink girl altogether, maybe one day!
DeleteThanks for reading :)
Both of the lipstick shades look so pretty! I love MAC lipsticks :)
ReplyDeleteStyle Sunrise ☀
:)
x
They are I love them too, I think I'm going to try an Urban Decay one next but after that I think I'll be building my MAC collection :) x
DeleteWow, Viva Glam I is perfect, I love deep red/wine lipsticks like this! I think you've started a new obsession! Once you go MAC, you never go back! ;)
ReplyDeleteMademoiselle-Lala.com
Its perfect, I love it. Them words couldn't be more true, I'm actually thinking about treating myself to a new lipstick at the end of the week!
DeleteI love MAC Studio Fix Foundation in liquid&powder form. This range is absolutely amazing!! Congrats with the purchases, HolleyMarie!xx
ReplyDeleteJina
www.beautyblogmark.com
I'm in love with the foundation but haven't yet tried powder yet, no doubt eventually I will xx
DeleteViva Glam I looks like such a perfect red, I hadn't paid much attention to it before but now it's on my wish list! I think I bought my first MAC product aged about 14, and it was Saint Germain lipstick - I was definitely going through a 'Barbie pink' stage :) I've probably still got one somewhere, I used to buy them like there was no tomorrow! I'm going to try the Studio Fix powder next :)
ReplyDeleteMeg at Meg Says
Yeah I agree, everybody tends to stick to the classic reds like Ruby Woo and Russian Red. Eventually I think I will buy the whole Viva Glam collection the colours are lovely and at least you know that every penny you pay for them goes to a good cause! I'm not much of a pink girl myself but I think this is just because I can't find a colour to suit me. Good luck with your powder purchase x
DeleteMac lipstick are my new addiction and the variety of shades available still amazes me! You picked out such nice shades! They're going to be perfect for the autumn/winter season x
ReplyDeleteAlina from Beauty with charm
Yeah thats what I was thinking, I've never been much of a brights girl but I think I may buy a nice coral shade to get be by the rest of the summer. You'll have to let me know how the mac lipstick collection comes along, if you blog I'd love to read it.
DeleteI have never seen the shade Spirit, it looks gorgeous. My favourite MAC shades are Syrup and Plumful!
ReplyDeleteMadeline | Its a Mads Mads World
Thats exactly why I got it, the unraved about shades need love too! Plumful is on my buy list
DeleteI love Viva Glam I! I was so stuck between that and Russian Red (I ended up getting Russian Red). They are both so beautiful though!
ReplyDeleteRachael at broomfie.blogspot.com
Good choice, Russian Red is the most have!
Delete